Union Level: Department: President Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301228P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours with the exception of special events, meetings, and other activities scheduled on evenings and/or weekends. Travel to other campuses in Sacramento and San Francisco on occasion. Position End Date: Open Date: 12/18/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of University Marketing and Communications with dotted line reporting to the University College Dean and designees, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and implementing communications and marketing strategies to support University College and is Centers. The position is focused on increasing the visibility of University College by promoting both degree completion and non-credit programming for increased enrollment. The Marketing Coordinator will work with internal and external stakeholders to elevate the profile of University College by dissemination of programmatic information through various communication channels.
Essential Functions: As part of and in alignment with university-wide marketing and branding, the coordinator: 1. Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing plan for University College to increase enrollment for both undergraduate degree completion and non-credit programs, boost alumni engagement and fundraising; ensures University College plans are aligned with universitys marketing and branding strategies.
2. Collaborates with the Dean, senior leaders, faculty and staff to execute the marketing plan, which can include, but is not limited to:
Internal communications such as newsletter, blog, deans communication, intranet pages, videos, letters, faculty and staff accomplishments and recognitions, speeches and remarks.
External communications such as social media, web pages, blog, videos, testimonials, magazine, newsletter, brochures, postcards and other print and digital collateral, and special events.
New program launches: required marketing for start-up phase and long-term retention.
3. Works with University College designee to prioritize daily work; attends weekly meeting with Office of Marketing and Communications Marketing Manager to review workplan and progress and to ensure communications and messaging are consistent with the universitys brand.
4. Works with the Universitys other schools and colleges, University Development and Alumni Relations, and Office of External Relations as necessary to leverage and coordinate outreach efforts to students, alumni, employers and community organizations.
5. Oversees University College and its Centers websites and social media channels ensuring they are aligned with universitys brand and guidelines for content and design; follows university guidelines for maintaining and updating messaging, content, design, photography/videography and following ADA accessibility guidelines, and uses analytics to track usage and usability.
6. Develops metrics and uses analytics and other measurement tools to track marketing progress; reports outcomes according to established schedules and refines/adjusts plan as needed.
7. Selects contract videographers, video producers, freelance writers, photographers and other creative professionals from Office of Marketing and Communications approved list of freelancers.
8. Shares and coordinates marketing plans with other units to leverage and share print and digital assets including content, photos, videos, faculty and staff experts and media opportunities. Cross promotes social media and website content.
9. Stays abreast of best practices in digital and social media, design, writing and multimedia content with peers, aspirants and other public and private universities, non-profits, organizations, and businesses.
10. Assists in the planning and execution of events, fairs, and other outreach activities that promote University College and its programs.
11. Participates in universitys regularly scheduled 3-city Integrated Communications Team meetings as well as other pertinent marketing related meetings (social media brown bag meetings).
12. Performs miscellaneous and other duties as assigned.
Two (2) years of experience in marketing-communications.
Experience in higher education, education, non-profit or cause-related marketing, fundraising preferred.
Experience working with a Content Management System.
Experience in developing marketing communication plans with measurable outcomes.
Experience using social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube) and developing and producing content, videos and photos for social media.
Experience in photography and videography, including shooting, editing and production.
Excellent writer and storyteller adept at writing creatively and quickly for a variety of media.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Knowledge of one or more musical and/or performing arts fields, and a familiarity with best practices in creative sector/performing arts/higher education marketing.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative, make independent decisions and exercise sound professional judgment in the performance of areas of responsibilities.
Demonstrated experience working with minimal direction in complex, matrixed organizations.
Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships with university leadership, faculty and staff and the capacity to work as a contributing member of a team.
Demonstrated ability and maturity to work with ambiguity and use sound judgment in decision making.
Outstanding writing, editing, grammar, proofreading and presentation skills.
Demonstrated expertise in videography and photography; highly adept at quickly producing high quality content for the web and social media channels.
Experience working with a Content Management System.
Demonstrated experience using social media channels, including developing campaigns and content with measurable outcomes; great storyteller.
Strong technical skills and familiarity with Adobe and Microsoft environments including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as experience with Word Press.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Ability and willingness to work non-traditional office hours, evenings and weekends, as needed, for programs, events and other assignments.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours with the exception of special events, meetings, and other activities scheduled on evenings and/or weekends. Travel to other campuses in Sacramento and San Francisco on occasion.
Hiring Range: Min $18.81 per hour to Mid $25.30 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu