The Marketing and Communications Specialist herein described is responsible for development and coordination of a strategic marketing, communications, and assessment plan for services and programs of the Business Services Division (BSD). Specific responsibilities include marketing concept and brand development; coordination of advertising and promotions; creating, writing, editing, and managing print and web-based marketing and promotions materials; graphic design; program assessment and data analysis; customer satisfaction assessment; strategic communications and messaging; and oversight of business partner-initiated marketing, communications, and assessment initiatives.
Marketing plan development and implementation • Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and branding strategy for BSD; incorporate ideas and methods designed to inform, create appeal, and increase awareness and utilization of BSD services and programs; collaborate with and engage other BSD staff in planning and implementation processes
• Collaborate with staff of business partners to ensure effective market reach and consistent messaging; ensure marketing and communications initiatives of business partners are aligned with BSD goals and objectives and are in compliance with university guidelines
• Responsible for recruitment, training, and supervision of part-time student staff (undergraduate and/or graduate students) for the BSD marketing and assessment team; ensure a developmental experience for student staff including learning outcomes • Develop, edit, and manage publications and promotional materials including brochures, posters, flyers, print ads, web content, and other print or electronic mediums; create, write, and edit text; responsible for graphic design and preparation of designs for production; incorporate, manage, and ensure effective use of photographic elements in publications and web site; ensure accuracy and high quality in all work
• Develop, implement, and oversee the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives in a variety of formats; responsible for content creation, monitoring of relevant social media conversations, and metric analysis • In collaboration with department staff and business partners, develop and/or assist with special media events, projects, and campaigns; ensure consistency with overall marketing strategy for the department • Ensure all BSD marketing and communications initiatives are in compliance with Division of Business Affairs and UF standards, guidelines, and strategic direction • Provide training and information sessions for department staff to ensure basic knowledge and understanding of marketing and communications strategies and university and department guidelines and standards • Evaluate effectiveness of BSD’s marketing and promotions activities; make recommendations for improvements and implement changes or new initiatives as needed • Research and maintain current information on relevant marketing products and materials; make recommendations and assist department staff in planning, purchasing, and effective utilization of marketing products and materials
• Manage marketing related archive files including but not limited to media clippings, image files, design files, and back-up of digital files
• Stay abreast of current trends and changes in the marketing and communications industry; identify new opportunities and implement changes or new initiatives in the department as needed
Assessment plan development and implementation • Develop and implement a comprehensive assessment plan for BSD services and programs including program effectiveness and customer satisfaction; collaborate with other BSD staff for assessment implementation
• Gather information and conduct research (including benchmarking), analyze and interpret data, and provide written reports on findings
• Recommend changes in services, operational processes, and/or department goals as needed based on research and data analysis
• Coordinate and provide oversight for business partner-initiated assessment projects, surveys, and similar activities; ensure measures to avoid duplication and marketing/assessment fatigue
Website development and management • Develop and maintain a robust web-based and online marketing and communications presence for the department; collaborate with BSD IT staff and others as needed for implementation • Apply latest technology and software advancements in the design and production process to ensure highest quality and optimal user appeal and utilization
• Ensure consistency and visual connection between print and online presence
Administrative support functions
• Provide support for the AVP in communications as requested including information gathering, organizing and editing content, formatting and preparation of presentations, and related functions
• Responsible for development of the departmental annual report
• Responsible for financial management for areas of responsibility including budget planning and monitoring, purchasing, and reporting • Serve on UF, Business Affairs, and/or departmental committees as directed
• A criminal background will be conducted.
"In order to be considered, you must upload your resume."
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date of February 3, 2018.
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an associate's degree and five years of relevant experience.
Additional Salary Information: Expected starting salary $55,000, commensurate with experience.
About University of Florida, Business Services Division
The Business Services Division at the University of Florida is responsible for the operational, financial, facility, and contract management activities of business and service units that provide essential services to students and the UF community.