For more than two decades, Navitas has accelerated the internationalization of university campuses around the globe, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences. Our North American university partners include Simon Fraser University, University of Manitoba, University of Massachusetts Lowell, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, University of Massachusetts Boston, University of New Hampshire, Florida Atlantic University, University of Idaho, Richard Bland College of William & Mary, and Virginia Commonwealth University.
Navitas is seeking to employ an Assistant Marketing Director to join our North American team at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR-NavitasNA@navitas.com. Reference job code 0418VCUAMD in the subject line of your email.
The Assistant Marketing Director leads the strategic direction, management and growth of marketing and student recruitment activities in the business unit. This includes the development of business relationships and opportunities internationally & recruitment strategies to achieve agreed targets.
In consultation with Director of Recruitment, North America · Develop sales and marketing campaigns to strategically distinguish Navitas from competitors and deliver growth.
· Strategically liaise with, develop and maintain effective relationships with university partners, the Navitas Group, agents and other external clients.
· Develop and define key market segments to target in order to drive new business development initiatives.
· Collaborate with the Executive Director to ensure effective overall management of the Navitas business unit.
· Closely monitor, evaluate and report on campaign effectiveness and work closely with the Marketing team to ensure campaign deliverables are accurately executed.
· Lead and be responsible for the profitable marketing and student recruitment based on market strategies and opportunities, market research, product development and the overall marketing plan.
· Appraise existing sales performance and coordinate marketing and sales efforts to achieve maximum liaison and full use of resources at all levels.
· Drive and develop strategy for all aspects of digital marketing.
In consultation with the MarComms Team · Develop strategy for promotional material, public relations and marketing communications.
· Prepare quarterly reports on expenditure and student recruitment numbers.
· Ensure compliance with the regulatory framework in which marketing and sales operates.
· Participate in marketing/sales activities onshore, offshore, and potentially take on responsibility for particular key markets.
· Prepare and manage financial aspects of Marketing and associated agent monitoring and reports.
· Ensure student recruitment and marketing employees take an active and involved approach to recruitment and marketing activities.
· Collaborate with Navitas group marketing and other Navitas USA Marketing teams.
In consultation with the Admissions Team · Work to continuously improve its delivery of efficient service.
· Oversee the analysis recruitment related data to measure achievements against the Business Unit strategic initiatives and to inform strategic decision-making.
· Work with the Admissions Director to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the admissions team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-secondary qualifications, preferably in Marketing/recruitment.
• Successful track record of sales and a network of contacts in the international education market.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and management of strategic / operational planning and budgets to achieve successful, cost-effective outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to create value, develop and deliver executive recommendations and strategies including high quality presentations and documents.
• Proven ability to apply commercial rigor and business acumen to decision-making.
• Strong track record in executing conversion and retention strategies through a CRM and lead management automation tool.
• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively within a matrix structure, with focus on collaborating with and influencing various stakeholders.
• Demonstrated sales skills and appropriate knowledge of the business environment and applications for the company’s products and services.
• Ability to work in a team both as leader and as member to inspire team members to explore and engage in all avenues of marketing and student recruitment.
• Analytical mind with good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Valid passport and ability to travel internationally and domestically
• Legally eligible to work in the U.S.A
Desirable Skills • Experience working in the private education sector.
• Knowledge and experience of marketing, including promotion, advertising, digital marketing, building media presence and public relations would be well regarded.
• Successful work experience in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to speak a second language.
What We Offer:
Navitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and are a values-driven employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a Criminal Background and/or a Multi-State Sex Offender Registry review.
Internal Number: 0418VCUAMD
About Navitas, USA Holdings
Navitas accelerates the internationalization of university campuses, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences and bringing global perspectives to the university community. Navitas’ proven partnership model delivers expertise, capital and a track record in international education that gives universities the freedom to reinvest their time, money and personnel into capacity building and innovation. By expanding diversity and global connections across college campuses, Navitas fuels universities’ efforts towards sustainable growth while delivering a superior student experience. Navitas currently partners with 9 universities in North America in our Global Student Success Program.