Department: Center for Global Education
Marketing and Recruitment Specialist
The George Mason University Mason Study Abroad is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to serve as a Marketing and Recruitment Specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is responsible for the marketing to and the recruitment of students from other institutions to Mason Study Abroad's customized program offerings. An important part of Mason Study Abroad's marketing and recruitment team, this individual will have the primary responsibility of generating interest among non-Mason students in programs offered by Mason Study Abroad and converting that interest into applications and enrollments. The successful candidate will build an impressive network of contacts and engage in the following activities: visiting universities to develop relationships with study abroad offices and academic staff, attending study abroad fairs, recruiting students, and collaborating with other Mason Study Abroad colleagues on marketing and other projects. This position is part of a team of new and experienced professionals who work collaboratively to increase enrollment in Mason Study Abroad programs; and is a good fit for driven, critical thinking, and energetic professionals or recent graduates interested in the field of international education.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- International study, intern and/or volunteer experience;
- Ability to travel domestically as required;
- Ability to thrive without a routine or daily supervision;
- Effective written communication and public speaking skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and facility in connecting with a variety of clients;
- Capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to strategize, anticipate, and take initiative; and
- Functional knowledge of Skype, Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel, and Google platforms.
Applicants must have the ability to:
- Develop relationships with potential and partners at higher education institutions (generating 100 plus recruits);
- Conduct meetings with and presentations to study abroad offices, academic, and career services staff;
- Develop and implement national strategies, as well as communication and affiliate plans;
- Follow up with and nurture high potential leads;
- Respond to invitations to and represent Mason Study Abroad at study abroad fairs;
- Hold virtual advising sessions with students;
- Present to student organizations; and
- Attend and possibly present at regional and national conferences.
- Master's degree;
- Knowledge of Terra Dotta; and
- Marketing and design skills.
Salary: Anticipated starting salary is $47,476.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02735z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.