Communications and Marketing Manager, MBA Admissions - 74184
Supports general marketing efforts for the Stanford MBA Admissions office and manages some key deliverables and projects. This position requires expert knowledge of all technical aspects of the departments online presence as the producer will maintain, update, test, and, in some cases, build online technologies. Researches, recommends, and implements technical enhancements that support MBA Admissions strategic marketing goals. Proactively seeks new and innovative ways to produce and communicate online content through various marketing channels. Takes initiative to research and master emergent marketing tools and advice staff on their use. Responsible for development and content for all admit communications including website, weekly digest, webinars,etc. Produces tailored communications to prospective applicants including emails, webinars, podcasts, etc.
- Recommend and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and analyze campaign/program/ service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- Manage project/program budget(s) and coordinate invoice processing.
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytic and information systems design abilities
- Strong communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
- Strong knowledge of:
- Adobe Photoshop
- content management systems such as Drupal
- social media trends and tools: Facebook groups, LinkedIn, message boards, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization including for video
- web accessibility standards, web design, and web content best practices
- video editing
- Working knowledge of:
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- SalesForce and Exact Target
- Survey software such as Qualtrix
- Cisco Webex
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the university will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; ses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable university policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the university's Administrative Guide, http://admingide.stanford.edu
Location: Graduate School of Business
Job Code: 4893