The Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA), formerly the Solar Electric Power Association, helps utilities and technology companies deploy and integrate solar, storage, demand response, and other related resources. The organization is at the forefront of changes happening in the energy industry, helping utilities make a smart transition to a clean energy future. Just as the role of new technologies is growing in the electric power sector, so is SEPA, both in influence and size.
As the trusted platform for education, research, and collaboration, SEPA’s neutrality is a key factor in the organization’s success. We do not advocate or take positions on issues, nor do we drive trends or play favorites. Our philosophy focuses on bringing the expert stakeholders to the conversations to yield practical solutions. Our membership consists of 1,000 organizations, including utilities, technology providers, independent system operators, regulators, energy users, project developers, consultancies, and nonprofits, who look to us to provide the community, data, insight, and facilitation necessary to make the right decisions in the evolution of the utility business model and more engaging customer programs.
The opportunity ahead for SEPA is to build upon and leverage our core strengths - the membership, the brand, and our staff expertise - to enable a greater positive impact on the electric power sector.
The Marketing Associate is a key player in helping SEPA recognize its goals through successful marketing campaigns. S/he is responsible for executing on marketing content and overseeing the day-to-day coordination of creative and marketing processes with internal customers (other departments), and with external vendors such as designers and promotions companies. The ideal candidate understands marketing fundamentals and the creative production process.
- Serve as coordinator on creative projects - working closely with outside graphic designers and other vendors to help ensure that project production is completed in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Execute digital marketing tasks including: email creation and delivery; website updates and routine maintenance; and Google Analytics monitoring.
- Maintain the marketing production calendar as well as the department’s production archive.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure deliverables comply with brand standards and overall organizational marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to ensure the alignment of promotions strategy with production logistics and processes.
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to execute new concepts and products that support the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Maintain marketing collateral.
- Basic in-house graphic design projects.
- Other tasks as assigned.