The Marketing and Student Service Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of marketing and customer service operations for University Housing. This position is responsible for representing the department to current and prospective students, many times in collaboration with Enrollment Management, for supervision of front-line paraprofessional desk and mail staff, for training staff in customer service techniques, focused on the retention of students to both the department and the institution, and payroll and room reservations. Reporting to the Associate Director of Housing Operations, this position is the public face of the department in the recruitment of new students, and the retention of current students, to University Housing, increasing occupancy and driving revenue generation. This position coordinates all front-of-the-house desk and mail operations for the department, including supervision and training of student staff, especially focused on customer service, seeking to drive student satisfaction. This position coordinates desk and mail operations for all residential communities and regularly assesses how to refine operations to maximize student satisfaction with departmental operations, focusing on the impact student satisfaction has in retention and recruitment efforts. This position serves as the first point of contact for most constituents with University Housing and oversees departmental messaging, branding, and outreach.
Primary Responsibilities :
The Marketing and Student Service Coordinator shall:
- Support University Housing marketing operations, seeking to increase occupancy by driving new student bookings and retention of current students from year-to-year, directly impacting revenue generation for the department. Serve as the primary point-of-contact for updating the departmental website. Ensure consistent departmental communications, marketing, and branding for the department. Coordinate outreach to new and prospective students through departmental communications and publications and work directly with Enrollment Management in the recruitment and retention of students to NKU, including serving as the primary departmental representative at events including, but not limited to, Black & Gold Days, registration days, new and transfer student orientation, and other high profile University events seeking to recruit students.
- Manage front desk operations for the department, including the Office of University Housing and the hall desks and mail rooms, supervising student staff working at these desks. Provide a high level of customer service for all internal and external customers by serving as a resource for all residents for questions regarding information for housing, meal plans, and the on campus experience. Seek to increase student satisfaction through high level service and outreach to students.
- Manage and enhance University Housing social media channels (including, but not limited to, Facebook, twitter, Instagram) and department website to reflect major NKU housing processes and academic year events
- Manage room reservations in Norse Commons, University Suites, Callahan Hall, and Kentucky/Commonwealth Halls.
- Manage payroll approvals for students, graduate students, and professional staff in the department.
- Support the technology applications utilized by the department, including interfacing with internal constituencies (IT, O&M, Student Accounts, etc.) and external constituencies (DSX, eRezLife, Mercury/RMS, Mail Chimp, KeyTrak, etc.)
- General office tasks including, but not limited to, copying, filing, answering phones, answering and managing emails to departmental accounts, management of archives
- Other related duties as assigned and as applicable.
Bachelor’s Degree- preferred in Marketing, Business Administration, Management, Organizational Behavior, Psychology
Application review will begin mid to late May.
Please submit work from your portfolio related to Marketing/Communications and Social Media.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Quick Link: 7827
Internal Number: 7827
About Northern Kentucky University
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati.
Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky—just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati—we have become a leader in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost.
While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students' names.