Primary Purpose: Under the direction of the Marketing Director for the Office of Marketing and Communications with dotted line reporting to the Benerd College Dean and designees, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and implementing communications and marketing strategies to support Benerd College for both its degree and non-degree programs. The School's student recruitment and retention efforts, alumni and donor engagement, and fundraising, while highlighting the accomplishments of faculty and staff to increase visibility of Benerd as part of Pacific's outstanding academic offerings.
Essential Functions: As part of and in alignment with university-wide marketing and branding, the coordinator is embedded in Benerd College and is responsible for:
1. Working with the Marketing Director and Dean and designees to create a comprehensive communications and marketing plan for Benerd College to increase undergraduate, graduate, and professional development enrollment, alumni engagement and support fundraising. Ensures Benerd College plans are aligned with universitys marketing and branding strategies.
2. Collaborates with the Dean, senior leaders, faculty and staff to execute the marketing plan, which can include, but is not limited to: a. Internal communications such as newsletter, blog, deans communication, intranet pages, videos, letters, faculty and staff accomplishments and recognitions, speeches and remarks. b. External communications such as social media, web pages, blog, videos, testimonials, course catalogs, newsletter, brochures, postcards and other print and digital collateral and special events including university calendar, updating/creating deans speeches and power point presentations. c. New program launches: required marketing for start-up phase and long-term retention to include assisting with webinars, creating collateral, placing ads, assisting with digital marketing campaigns. d. Helps organize and attends events, takes photos, posts photos on social media and web pages. Orders/manages Benerd marketing promotional items inventory. e. Maintain/manage/prepare information for use on video display monitors throughout Benerd. f. Maintain communication mail and email lists for message distribution via regular mail and email.
3. Works with Benerd dean and/or deans designee to prioritize daily work and keeps manager (Marketing Director) informed; attends weekly meeting with Office of Marketing and Communications Marketing Director to review work plan and progress and to ensure communications and messaging are consistent with the universitys brand.
4. Oversees Benerd College websites and social media channels ensuring they are aligned with universitys brand and guidelines for content and design; follows university guidelines for maintaining and updating messaging, content, design, photography/videography and following ADA accessibility guidelines, and uses analytics to track usage and usability.
5. Develops metrics and uses analytics and other measurement tools to track marketing progress; reports outcomes according to established schedules and refines/adjusts plan as needed.
6. In collaboration with the Marketing Director, Marketing and Communications staff, and SOECS budget manager recommends contracts with videographers, video producers, freelance writers, photographers and other creative professionals from Office of Marketing and Communications approved list of freelancers.
7. Utilizes and maintains marketing specific software and data bases for Benerd College (Agile CRM, etc.).
8. Stays abreast of best practices in digital and social media, design, writing and multimedia content with peers, aspirants and other public and private universities, non-profits, organizations, and businesses.
9. Participates in marketing and SOECS meetings as requested by supervisor.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Work Experience/Certifications: Bachelors degree and/or equivalent combination of education or experience. Experience using social media channels (such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube) and developing content, videos and photos for social media with measurable outcomes. Strong technical skills and familiarity with Adobe and Microsoft environments.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in developing marketing communication plans with measurable outcomes. Demonstrated expertise in the production of web content, videos, photography and other promotional materials, including experience working with a Content Management System. Strong technical skills and familiarity with Adobe and Microsoft environments including InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator, as well as experience with Word Press. Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion. Two (2) years of experience in marketing-communications.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in normal office environment, constant sitting, standing and frequent use of the computer keyboard. Occasional walking, bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.