Responsible for developing and executing the College of Health’s marketing and communications initiatives. The Director will collaborate with departments across the University to elevate the visibility and promote the College to various constituent groups. The incumbent will oversee of the College of Health’s social media and internet presence including content creation, market research, policy and procedure administration and website consulting and training. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Develop, execute and regularly assess the college-wide marketing strategy *Develop and implement a marketing strategy that includes public relations, media relations, and marketing/communications to promote the College of Health's research, service and educational programming to internal and external audiences *Act as a communications adviser to the Dean *Work closely with the Admissions, University Communications and Public Affairs (UCPA), COH leadership and other campus units to support the marketing of undergraduate, graduate and executive programs and co-develop materials and content for distribution to build and sustain highly qualified applicant pools *Work closely with Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) and the Office of Economic Engagement (OEE) to support fundraising initiatives and the development of strategic partnerships *Work closely with external marketing and communications organizations *Direct and manage design and website development services for various COH units, departments and programs. *Develop long-and short-term strategic plans that align with COH and university goals; manage the strategic plan's execution into action-items *Work with COH senior leadership to write and create collateral, presentations, speeches and other outward facing materials; set strategy for COH publications; ensure college publications adhere to University mission and goals *Regularly review, evaluate and modify strategy and strategic plan
2. Communicate and inform diverse audiences about the College of Health *Develop and continue to identify new opportunities to message COH education, service and research initiatives *Lead the development and implementation of marketing/communications plans to promote the local, national, and international visibility of the COH *Analyze and develop annual communications plans with updates as required, developing effective communications to multiple audiences *Work with Dean, Associate Deans, COH faculty and staff, UCPA, DAR, OEE and outside consultants to identify opportunities and articulate College identity and strengths *Conduct market research to evaluate the feasibility of communications options *Determine target audiences, identify appropriate tools and media/platforms and analyze the effectiveness of each *Provide public relations and marketing communications counsel to COH leadership *Represent COH at conferences, events or other activities at the request of the Dean *Write, edit and revise thought documents including presentations, press releases, blog posts, announcements, newsletters, fact sheets and annual reports
3. Liaison with University Communications and Public Affairs *Collaborate with UCPA in developing and directing media visibility strategies *Provide editorial content as requested *Collaborate with University Relations, faculty, center and program directors in obtaining media attention for COH academic programs, research and innovation *Participate in cooperative advertising efforts with other units/colleges
4. Website Management and Development *Manage the COH web and internet presence, including content creation and control, policy and procedure administration and website consulting and training *Maintain college websites with updated news and information *Coordinate and support activities related to the preparation of web-based materials and serve as the primary contact regarding web issues *Collaborate with programmers to develop and design software applications to meet the needs of the COH *Research and recommend newly emerging technologies and trends *Instruct users in the use of a Content Management System *Measures effectiveness of the COH website via qualitative research data and adapt website to reflect data *Act as primary consultant to units, departments, and programs as they develop or revise respective websites to ensure unified COH brand *Supervise or contribute to Drupal development plans, proposals, and projects *Oversee consultations with faculty, students, and/or staff members regarding website needs, media production or other specific resources and services
5. Conduct Market Research on proposed programs or initiatives *Collect and analyze information for leadership to make informed decisions *Perform market research SWOT analysis *Identify market competition *Interpret data and convert it into action items, reports, presentations *Remain informed of market trends and best practices
6. Direct staff and student workers *Directs staff and student workers including planning, organizing, prioritizing, review staff work; evaluate staff performance *Hires student workers to assist in website editing, photographing events and activities, and developing social media content
Position Number: S84510
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five to eight years related work experience
Thorough understanding of marketing elements; including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/social media and market research methods
Understanding of web design
Exceptional communication and writing skills
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Supervisory experience preferred
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 498357
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.