The mission of the Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Athletics, Marketing & Community Relations, the Assistant Director, Marketing & Community Relations responsibilities will include support and staffing of marketing and ticketed home athletics events, graphic design and creation of original content across various platforms, support and staffing of several Departmental special events and support of student-athlete programs.
• Work with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Marketing & Community Relations to create and implement marketing and promotional strategies for Princeton's 37 varsity teams, with a primary focus on the five ticketed sports: football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's hockey and men's lacrosse. • Leadership of 2-3 ticketed sports marketing plans and game day execution (including planning, advertising, event promotions, game-day entertainment, etc.) and support of marketing plans and game day execution for all remaining ticketed sports.
• Marketing in support of non-ticketed sports, with a strategy built around helping to promote key match-ups, including social media campaigns, pre-event activations, promotional emails, etc. that will interface with the following constituents: alumni, community members, families, students, faculty/staff, campers, youth teams, etc. • Manage the departmental Kids Club by building strategies to reach members and potential new members, create youth centric content, and build relationships in the communities surrounding. • Work closely with the External Relations Team (Marketing, Ticketing, Communications, Multimedia) to plan and implement larger departmental initiatives. • Work closely with campus colleagues (Office of Community & Regional Affairs, Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, etc.) to promote attendance, increase fan engagement and connect with the community.
• Create and design departmental publications (in support of marketing and the External Relations Team including digital advertisements, electronic and print content and social media graphic creation, etc. • Assist in the execution of the department's Athletics Style guide and brand guidelines. • Aid with oversight of the Student Fan club and work closely with student board to promote key matchups in new and exciting ways. • Serve as a liaison to external graphic design groups and as a departmental project manager to assist in the execution of facility upgrades and enhancements.
• Working in conjunction with the Assistant AD for Marketing & Community Relations to serve as the primary liaison to all student workers and casual hourly employees. • Serve as a liaison to the Ticket Office as it relates to group sales strategies and efforts to grow and expand our season ticket holder and single game ticket holder base. • Work at games and other events on nights and weekend. Some travel may be required. • Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of three years of experience in athletic marketing or a similar field • Ability to represent the Department of Athletics on campus and in the local community • Graphic design knowledge • Strong writing skills • Ability to work within the framework of the Department of Athletics administration and coaches. • Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, administration, staff and alumni. • Ability to uphold the commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics and the values that define what it means to Be A TIGER.
• Adherence to Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW