Ashburn, VA and Remote
San Antonio, Texas
East Lansing, Michigan
Durham, North Carolina
Bowling Green, Ohio
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- B.A. /B.S. or equivalent, with 3-5 years of web content experience, proven experience, and proficiency working in Content Management Systems (WordPress required).
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Intermediate experience using Adobe Photoshop or other Adobe CS/CC applications.
- Hands-on Search Engine Optimization experience, and knowledge of current SEO best practices; intermediate skill level for technical and on-page SEO and writing for SEO.
- Experience planning, testing, and writing marketing emails; knowledge of marketing email best practices.
- Strong project management skills with proven abilities in tracking long and short-range deadlines, and cross-team collaboration and communication.
- Requires initiative, and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent time management, and organizational skills, and five to eight years of experience.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends and be available for technical assistance during non-business hours.
- The University has come to rely on the high quality and efficient distribution of its internal news publications; failure here reflects poorly on BU and the department and, potentially, on external relations and development.
- Requires management of long-range deadlines and responsibilities.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Some travel may be required.
The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being executed by an employee assigned to this position.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.