IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type 'None.'
If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
Job Title: IACH Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Job Family: Professionals
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full time
Compensation Grade: 5S
Pay Type: Salary
Department: Inst Adv Comm Health
Job Summary: To effectively and strategically inform multiple audiences about the work of Furman University's Institute for the Advancement of Community Health. To manage the IACH's general marketing and communications activities, using print, digital, web, email, social media, video and other media and vehicles; to provide communications support for initiatives and programs within the Institute for the Advancement of Community Health including some collaborative projects with Community Partners. To manage the IACH general brand; to position the IACH as a thought leader in community health; to oversee and implement the IACH social media program; to serve as the primary manage and content administrator for the IACH website; to support promotion of IACH events; to support development campaigns; to support promotion of Furman University's MS-CEM program.
1. Works closely with IACH Executive Director and IACH staff to create, implement, track and measure an overarching long, mid- and short-term marketing and communications plan that includes general outreach and promotion, events promotion, communication among undergraduate students, MS-CEM graduate students, alumni, IACH Leadership Council, Community Partners and the positioning of IACH staff as thought leaders in Community Health.
2. Manages IACH brand and promotional activities
a. Works closely with IACH Executive Director, on ongoing development of identity standards and signature identity materials; manages and monitors Institute-wide usage of the IACH logo, badge, brand, and color palette; maintains copyrights and ownership of URLs
b. Writes web, social media, newsletter, and other promotional copy and selects accompanying images
c. Oversees IACH social media program; works with Institute staff to develop strategic plan using existing and new platforms, including IACH Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, as well as the MS-CEM program Facebook and Instagram.; communicates regularly with all program staff to develop content; publishes and posts regularly; tracks outcomes and grows program.
d. Serves as the IACH liaison to Furman University Communications team on media relations, website management and maintenance, and creation of print and digital collateral for all general informational and promotional activities.
e. Manages IACH email marketing campaigns
3. Liaison with Community Partners looking for opportunities to collaborate, while building relationships
4. Liaisons with Communications & Marketing staff of other Institutes at Furman. (Shi, Riley and Hill)
5. Strategic Communications Supports in promotion of IACH events
a. Takes the lead on developing and implementing marketing plans for events
b. Acts as liaison to University Communications for production of event-related marketing collateral; provides copy, images and other necessary design elements
6. Serves on IACH committee teams to assist with marketing and production of materials associated with each specific division
7. Participate in IACH meetings and activities as appropriate to develop a full knowledge of programs and collaborators.
8. Devise strategies for visualizing IACH / community / campus relationships and focus areas.
9. Follow safety procedures.
10. Performs administrative tasks such as; setting appointments, e-mail, phone calls, paperwork, photocopying, organizing, filing, etc.
11. Communicates openly and recognizes contributions of co-workers and supervisor.
12. Completes performance review process with supervisor to understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
13. Pursues professional development to keep pace with demands for services and information; including maintaining up to date information about the department and university.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Daily contact with IACH staff, Furman faculty & staff, students, community partners and staff of other Furman Institutes to plan, coordinate and create communications materials and provide updates.
Occasional contact with other faculty to exchange information regarding research programs, health related courses or other opportunities that will be included in communications from the Institute.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Responsible for own work. May assist or instruct others doing similar work; including student workers.
Spends time planning, scheduling, and assigning priorities of several ongoing assignments.
Reports To: Executive Director
Work is performed independently except where the interpretation of law, policy, rule, complex procedure or request for exception is required.
Bachelor's Degree required
Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Experience with creation and management of social media platforms.
Experience with Creative Cloud.
Ability to collaborate with staff, faculty, students and community partners.
Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Understanding of strategic goals of the University.
Work Conditions: Work is performed under usual office conditions.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Furman University is a selective private liberal arts and sciences college committed to helping students develop intellectually, personally, and interpersonally and providing the practical skills necessary to succeed in a rapidly-changing world. Furman professors are exceptional teacher-scholars who mentor undergraduate students within a campus community that values and encourages diverse ideas and perspectives.