Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: ASSIS001702
Support the marketing of Lipscomb University through the creation and distribution of video content that magnifies Lipscomb's excellent brand story.
How do you know if you are a fit for this role? You delight in good stories. But what energizes you is telling those stories to others. And video is the way you love to tell them. You are technically savvy with cameras, microphones, lights and editing software. You also understand what makes modern marketing videos appealing. You're a driven self-starter seeking to advance your career in video production. A 5 second YouTube pre-roll ad is just as interesting of a challenge for you as a 30 second commercial on ESPN+. Both are equally enjoyable to make as a 2 minute feature story. You are an observer and learner, keeping an eye out for the most creative ways to make video compelling.
The Lipscomb University Assistant Marketing Videographer will be responsible for the ongoing production of video for the university website, social media assets and other channels as assigned. The candidate must also have proven ability to effectively collaborate with partners across the organization to implement video and interactive content that is aligned with the university's brand, values and goals.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with members of the University Marketing (UM) creative staff to conceptualize, plan storyboards, write and produce scripts.
- Creating needed video content for digital properties, included but not limited to websites and social media outlets, as well as videos that further the mission of the university in other uses, using latest technology
- Using design and media technology to help visually communicate complex ideas and processes
- Providing project direction for shooting, editing and duplication process, including planning and management of project timelines
- Assist Marketing Videography Producer in developing web and digital media content.
- Documenting events on and off-campus with professional videography equipment.
- Capture video - project specific and B-roll.
- Process, organize and store video assets.
- Edit video.
- Partner with members of the marketing team and other staff across campus to creatively distribute video for maximum reach.
- Participate in writing scripts.
- Coordinate production schedules.
- Coordinate voiceover and contract help when needed
- 1-3 years experience capturing and editing professional video.
- Strong camera skills.
- Strong audio capture skills.
- Strong lightning skills.
- Strong editing skills.
- Passionate about maximizing the reach of videos.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
Job Related Skills:
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Macintosh OS X and related programs and systems
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Audio/Video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Motion and Logic Pro, preferred or experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition)
- Knowledge of and proficiency with desktop publishing applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Apple
- Pages, Numbers, Keynote; and other software as needed
- Proven ability to manage projects and adhere to set project goals
- Ability to produce results by leveraging resources, building relationships, and by being adaptable and flexible to change
- Ability to multitask and to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Ability to stay up to date and learn new software as needed to create content
- Ability to keep creative team aware of new software and technologies
- Proven understanding of basic communication and marketing principles and ability to apply technical tools to create desired marketing outcomes
- Comfortable in shifting quickly between strategic and tactical modes of work
- Project management, relationship management, collaboration and communication skills