Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Tepper School of Business is home to many programs and research programs that cross subject areas. We approach scientific problems from fresh angles using creative interdisciplinary approaches while drawing on our strengths in the core social sciences. Tepper faculty members are nationally and internationally recognized for their research in a variety of fields, including organizational behavior and theory, economics, finance, and accounting.
Carnegie Mellon University's Tepper School of Business is searching for a Senior Marketing Manager. This is a dynamic opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. Reporting to the Associate Marketing Director, you will contribute to the department by providing crucial support by supporting and managing the direction, implementation and ongoing evaluation for advertising, marketing, and communications activities. This role should ensure we are being consistent in our branding while supporting the school's efforts to continuously increase program awareness and enrollment. This position is the front-line strategist who should have excellent collaborative communications skills.
Core responsibilities will include:
Marketing/advertising plan Strategic Development and Implementation
Includes creative and media brief development, approvals and production/implementation of traditional and online media in partnership with various agencies, producers and program directors.
- Masters programs
- Undergraduate Programs requests/ancillary needs
- Executive Education requests/ancillary needs
- Ensure brand guidelines are implemented consistent with Carnegie Mellon and the Tepper School
- Identify and communicate monthly marketing plan results, takeaways and optimization
- Compile content from admissions, program directors, photographers, alumni and students for revenue-generating programs to implement effective marketing essential communication
- Work closely with internal design team and external agencies
- Update marketing (traditional and digital) assets to ensure they are current
- Annual projects may include Viewbooks/Brochures, Foldouts, and Postcards
- Provide strategic support to high-visibility web projects: work with internal team, web developers on layout, copy, and direction of assigned web projects.
- Work with team and program directors on website updates, edits, and revisions
- Provide consultation regarding digital engagement to internal departments
- Social media support to promote programs
You should demonstrate:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with agency partners and optimally communicate marketing strategies that inspire results
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Tepper School of Business. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of communications or marketing experience required
- Experience in campaign development and implementation, media management and evaluation of digital media efficiency is strongly preferred
- Higher education experience is preferred
- Successful Background Check
- Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples for consideration.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance