The associate director of client marketing strategy will steward and advance the reputation and mission of Calvin University by providing marketing strategy and direction for schools, departments, and offices outside the enrollment division. This position is a blend of marketing strategist, content producer, and project manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
- Direct, coordinate, and service the marketing and communication efforts of schools, offices, and programs outside of the enrollment division.
- Develop and maintain governance structure and best practices for list management and scheduling of communications (i.e., e-newsletters to the same audience by multiple departments or schools).
- Develop and maintain a system for editing and approving client emails to external audiences.
- Develop content strategy and copy where needed (i.e., website).
- Explore, recommend, and incorporate new communication trends, technologies, and best practices that may be appropriate for the university.
- Serve on the Web team to provide content leadership and evaluate strategy. Also serve on other committees, project teams, etc., as assigned.
- Coordinate the services of outside resources as needed, leading the evaluation and selection of freelance writers and collaborating with creative services on selecting designers, photographers, and videographers.
- Coordinate with campus colleagues, current students, stakeholders, and outside vendors to ensure that college messaging is authentic, consistent, relevant, and functional across all media.
- Identify and collaborate with the associated director of public relations to produce newsworthy stories.
Supervisory Responsibilities – Supervise and direct the work of two to four communications coordinators. Supervise and edit the work of other content creators within the division. Hire, train and supervise one to three student assistants or interns.
- Solid copywriting and storytelling skills – required to direct, plan, design, and edit content using a storytelling framework.
- Content presentation skills – Used to determine how content will be packaged for various audience segments based on analytics, research, and experience.
- Content delivery skills – Work with digital marketing experts to determine the best distribution channels for each audience.
- Multitasking and organizational skills – Manage many projects and people daily.
- Creative problem-solving skills – Essential to meet situations involving several variables and develop new approaches to challenging recruitment issues.
- An analytical mind – Ability to spot patterns and trends in data to conclude.
- Consensus-building skills – Ability to spread the gospel of content marketing by outlining and demonstrating its benefits.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, three to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Campaign experience – A track record of developing and executing strategies across various platforms within an integrated marketing plan.
- Familiarity with various digital and social media platforms, data analysis and interpretation, Web standards, and accessibility guidelines.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The work in this position is performed within routine office conditions, usually without exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
- Using a keyboard to enter, retrieve, or transform data.
- Closely observes monitoring devices for 2 hours or more.
- Lifting 5 lbs or less.
FAITH and EDUCATIONAL COMMITMENT
1. Commitment to the educational mission of Calvin as a Christian liberal arts University affiliated with the Christian Reformed Church.
2. A commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith, learning, and student development.
Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communication across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, physical limitations, class, or religious perspectives.