The Associate, Marketing Project Management provides support to an assigned Project Management team within National Marketing and to other project team members, by coordinating and tracking progress of projects, programs and sub-projects that primarily involve creative, digital, and supplier partnerships. The position assists with developing project plans and timelines, scheduling and conducting project team meetings, tasks, and project-related events, and completing various administrative activities necessary to the efficient and effective completion of marketing related projects and initiatives. The Associate, Marketing Project Management also acts as an ongoing communications and day-to-day contact to the US property marketing teams to support marketing project roll-outs, provide project updates, status reports, and coordinate the dissemination and sharing of information about project work underway.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and project management support to the Strategic Planning and Project Management business group and/or other project management teams within National Marketing by developing project plans and timelines, planning for, scheduling, and facilitating project team meetings and related activities and events, coordinating and deploying project resources, assisting in developing and managing project budgets, and ensuring regular and effective communication with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Monitor and track progress of projects and programs underway against established timelines and deadlines, follow up as needed with project team members to complete assigned tasks and activities, identify potential issues or problems that may delay or interrupt progress, and alert project leaders and stakeholders as needed to manage expectations, seek assistance, and/or take actions that resolve issues.
- Coordinate with internal and external resource and service providers to manage requests for documentation or creative support, create and provide all necessary information in brief format, manage communications between creative resources, media partners, and project stakeholders to ensure accuracy, quality, and integrity across all project executions, and review, audit all creative assets to ensure briefs are met for product launches and campaigns.
- Organize, maintain, and manage storage and access to data and files needed to enable project management, such as digital asset libraries, property photography, acquisitions/dispositions checklists, and various historic information and documentation.
- Create and maintain customer-centric and productive relationships with internal and external project stakeholders, suppliers, and service providers, and act as the primary day-to-day contact for Regional and National marketing leaders and teams to support and assist in project roll-outs, provide detailed updates, progress reports, and other critical information pertaining to projects planned and underway.
- Develop and create reports, updates, presentations, summaries, and other documents and formats for regularly communicating project portfolio performance, budget tracking, resource capacity, and performance status, and assist and participate in client/partner/stakeholder calls, "walkthroughs," and other meetings to provide project information to stakeholders and business leaders as needed.
- Adhere to and use Enterprise project management tools, software, and other applications that build, manage, and provide project status and reporting, follow and comply with Project Management Office processes, procedures, and protocols, and provide feedback and suggestions for streamlining and improving project management practices.
- Identify opportunities for improving workflows, project management processes, and tools and methods, and engage with cross-functional leaders, internal stakeholders, and project managers to make and initiate changes that promote greater productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness for the business group.
- Maintain a current knowledge of concepts, practices, and techniques in the areas of marketing, brand development, and project management, and engage with internal and external professionals and experts to stay abreast of changes in the marketing discipline and technologies, project management platforms, systems, and tools.
- Know, follow, and comply with Company and other established policies, procedures, and legal or regulatory requirements that impact the discipline and business area, including the Company's human resources, financial, safety, and information security policies.
- Seek out and participate in professional associations, educational programs, conferences, and other events that support professional development and growth. Actively look for opportunities and apply key learnings to improve or enhance the quality and overall impact of the business group, and make recommendations that improve the business group's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Incumbents will work in a Greystar or home-office, or a hybrid model.
- Incumbents must be able to view computer screens, paper documents, reports, and other written materials for extended periods of time where visual strain may result.
- Occasional travel within the US may be required to attend business meetings, training sessions, conferences, or other situations necessary to accomplish all or parts of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- College degree in business, marketing, or related area and/or 2-3 years' comparable experience in marketing, advertising, marketing communications, or project management in a client-facing situation or role, ideally at a creative or digital marketing agency. Experience in managing projects of different levels of complexity.
- Solid knowledge and experience in managing projects and creative solutions, with digital/social/mobile content creation for different media channels. As multiple project management teams exist within the National Marketing function, this position may be assigned to support any of these teams in leading and executing multiple projects that contain a significant marketing focus. Regardless of the project management team to which this position is assigned, this position may require knowledge of and experience in using different project management methodologies, such as SCRUM, Agile, Kanban, or SAFe.
- Strong project management skills and proven track record working with Wrike, WMG, or similar project management platforms preferred. Must have experience in working with large-scale projects that have multiple and sometimes diverse work streams (strategic, creative, research, data, etc.).
- Ability to develop detailed project plans and timelines, track and monitor project progress, coordinate and communicate with confidence with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including service providers, vendors, and marketing experts to ensure an on-time and on-budget completion of projects. Skilled in problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking to bring creative solutions to unique problem situations.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and TEAMS, and ability to make effective presentations to diverse audiences. Particularly comfortable and skilled in making presentations and working with team members and leaders at all levels.
The base compensation rate will vary based on education, experience, skills, and geographic location, as applicable.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar's compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their salary. Team members may also participate in the 401k plan, once eligible. Regular, full-time team members are offered a range of medical, financial, and other benefits from which to choose.
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.