The University of Texas at Austin, Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Austin, Texas
4 Year Degree
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: R_00029249
The Associate Director, Marketing will be an essential member of the department’s external affairs staff with an emphasis on coordinating a wide array of tasks necessary to support the fan experience, promotional activities and sponsor integration for assigned sports in a highly collaborative environment.
- Develop tracking and implementation of ideas and strategies to sell tickets and engage fans, sponsors, and other target audiences for Men's Basketball and other sports as assigned. Direct in-game presentation for Men's Basketball. Take a lead role to develop timely, consistent, collaborative, and comprehensive season-long, integrated, sport-specific plans that outline the strategic and tactical activities surrounding ticket sales, sponsorship implementation, cross promotion, messaging, etc. Identify opportunities for special events, and manage outreach and associated event planning and promotion of such events. Execute against plans and follow up to ensure effective and timely plan implementation. Internally, schedule regular information sharing meetings as assigned. Document and send post-meeting notes for follow up tasks. Proactively communicate plans with various departmental staff, rights holder, and other external entities as necessary. Make timely portal requests for all digital assets and promotional materials associated with plans. post-season evaluation for plans to incorporate for next season.
- Produce & direct live events and oversee the day-to-day operations and planning for event presentation including videoboard and camera staff, PA announcer, DJ and scoreboard operators for assigned sports, as assigned. Direct and manage creation and execution of game scripts designed to engage Texas fans and fulfill sponsor obligations and provide a highly entertaining and engaging environment. Includes hiring, direction and management of game day staff, vendors, and entertainment for the Longhorns home matches, games, and special events.
- Act as sport liaison for non-ticketed sports as assigned. Sport liaison duties may include developing a promotional plan that will include promotions, creation of collateral material, special events, updating web copy, etc. as dictated by the sport, program, and or event. Plan and execute post mortems.
- Provide secondary support role on Football gamedays and other sports, as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned, such as, drive a rental or UT vehicle on campus and off, assist with obtaining bids for print, promotional purposes, writing, and proofreading.
- Consistently exemplify the core values (Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Loyalty, Excellence, Creativity, Teamwork) and quality standards (Safety, Texas Hospitality, Teamwork, Efficiency) of Texas Athletics. Always act ethically. Proactively seek guidance when unsure or unclear of a law, rule or policy applicable to you or your department/sport program. Actively participate in assigned education and training programs. Comply with all laws, policies, rules and regulations set forth by the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, The University of Texas at Austin, NCAA, Big 12, or other governing body, including state and federal laws. Annually obtain prior written approval and report all outside activities and outside income. Report knowledge of, or reasonable cause to believe, violation(s) of state or federal laws, policies, rules, or regulations of the University, Big 12 Conference, or NCAA to IA ARMCS or IA HR. Fully cooperate with any investigation by providing complete and accurate information when requested to do so by Texas Athletics and/or the NCAA and do not influence others in any way during an investigation. As an employee of the university, if you witness or receive information about sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence or stalking that involves a current student or employee, you have a duty to promptly report the incident to the University’s Title IX Coordinator or a Deputy Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made by phone, email or online. An employee who does not report an incident or who makes a false report is subject to termination and may be charged with a criminal offense (Class A or Class B misdemeanor). For more information about employee responsibilities under Title IX, including information about confidential employee reporting exceptions, please visit the Title IX website at http://titleix.utexas.edu.
Additional hours will be required to include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. This job is not suitable for remote work and is expected to work regular on-site hours. Travel may be required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Sports Management or a related field. Minimum of three years experience developing and implementing collegiate athletic marketing programs including in-game production experience. Demonstrated proficiency in graphics software. Demonstrated ability to develop various types of editorial content and craft marketing messages. Professional demeanor and team player. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word. Excellent organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders required. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
4+ years’ experience developing and implementing collegiate athletics marketing programs. Experience marketing sports and developing and implementing sponsor related promotional activities. Experience in directing, scripting and developing public address announcements for sporting events. Experience managing student workers at athletic events. Experience working with marketing rights holder. Thorough knowledge of the ticket sales process.
3+ years’ experience developing and implementing collegiate athletics marketing programs. Experience marketing sports and developing and implementing sponsor related promotional activities. Experience in directing, scripting and developing public address announcements for sporting events. Experience managing student workers at athletic events. Experience working with marketing rights holder. Thorough knowledge of the ticket sales process.
About The University of Texas at Austin, Intercollegiate Athletics
Intercollegiate Athletics creates an environment that is stimulating and rewarding. In Athletics, we believe our success cannot be done without the drive and devotion of our staff, student athletes and volunteers. We strive for excellence and accomplish it with you!
Our mission is to prepare students to win with integrity-in academics, in athletics, and in life.