Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors National Association
Location: Falls Church, VA
Type: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000
4 Year Degree
The PHCC Foundation provides innovative educational programming to enhance the growth and success of the plumbing and HVACR industry workforce. We deliver educational programs & training aimed at industry employees at every stage of their career. Our thanks go out to the dedicated volunteers and donors who drive our mission forward, and we encourage you to join our team. To further our mission, we are seeking a dedicated and creative Marketing & Communications Specialist to join our team.
As Marketing & Communications Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the PHCC Foundation’s identity and promoting our mission. You will work closely with our Foundation VP of Development and Communications to implement a comprehensive communications and marketing plan. Your impactful role will support our fundraising initiatives, apprentice and journeyman training, business management, and scholarship programs.
- Develop and maintain the Foundation's web presence, including tracking visitor analytics.
- Manage and curate content for the Foundation's social media accounts, monitoring account analytics.
- Create dashboards and reports to inform decision-making.
- Draft and distribute press releases, newsletters, and feature stories about Foundation programs and activities to trade and industry publications, chapter publications, manufacturers, and donors.
- Contribute to marketing efforts for our apprentice, journeyman, and business management programs.
- Assist in the development of grant and sponsorship fundraising proposals.
This position will sit at our headquarters in Falls Church, VA. This role will be 100% in-person the first 90 days. After 90 days, a work from home arrangement of one day a week based on the nature of the role and performance can be established. This role has 10 - 15% domestic travel requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing, English, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
- Previous experience in communications or marketing with an association or not-for-profit organization is preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional proficiency writing for an audience, grammar, proofreading, and editing.
- Competence in HTML, CSS, Wordpress, and Cpanel for website management.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics 4.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
- Team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to gather and interpret relevant information.
- Proficiency with Windows environment computers and Office 365 suite.
- Previous experience with an association management system is preferred.
About Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors National Association
The premiere organization for the p-h-c professional, PHCC provides legislative advocacy, education and training to approximately 3,300 plumbing and HVACR open shop and union businesses and 65,000 technicians. Our members work in the residential, commercial, new construction, industrial and service and repair segments of the construction industry.
Members of PHCC have access to a wide variety of resources and services, strengthening their reputation as the best choice for professionalism, reliable products and knowledgeable service—and as a proud protector of public health and safety and the environment.
Approximately 125 state and local association affiliates are part of PHCC’s chapter network.