Would you like to influence a brand's position through its online presence? Greenville University in Greenville, Illinois, seeks an innovative Website and Digital Marketing Manager to enhance our digital presence. The university has recently launched a new website with a custom CMS, is progressive in its digital marketing, and wants someone committed to taking us to the next level regarding our online presence.
The Website and Digital Marketing Manager will be the primary administrator of the website. They will lead all website UI/UX performance growth and SEO tactics, as well as all organic digital strategies for growing the digital brand and presence of Greenville University.
The Website and Digital Marketing Manager will lead specific paid digital strategies - planning and executing integrated strategic marketing efforts to reach prospective students. This position will utilize multiple acquisition channels, including but not limited to organic and paid search, paid advertising, social media marketing, and optimized websites.
Greenville University is a university that inspires students with real-world, hands-on experiential learning. The willingness to train and coach student interns is critical to this position, providing them with valuable experience.
Web strategy and maintenance responsibilities
• Working with the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, create and execute a roadmap for near and long-term improvements to the school’s online presence and ensure school and affiliated websites meet strategic goals.
• Lead the management and optimization of the institution's website for improved brand alignment, demand functionality, and overall user experience for increased actionable results.
• Develop and execute SEO/SEM strategies to drive website traffic and increase brand visibility.
• Participate as a member of the Website Governance Team.
• Work with internal stakeholders to maintain existing web content and functions; map and drive updates to website designs and features, from small, one-off requests to section-wide redesigns.
• Work as the primary liaison to stakeholders for project intake, scope, and plan development.
• Create, manage, and maintain content to ensure accurate, timely, and professional websites.
• Evaluate existing websites and online tools and recommend improvements as technologies evolve; lead periodic content audits for accuracy, completeness, and relevance.
• Produce wireframes, design mock-ups, and iterate with stakeholders to drive toward a finished product.
• Integrate and refresh multimedia content to enhance visitor experience.
• Review web and other electronic content for consistency, accuracy, readability, and editorial conventions.
• Advise and help develop the design and implementation of web forms and other interactive components.
• Ensure website’s ADA compliance
• Investigate the growing use of AI.
Analytics and technical support responsibilities
• Analyze web usage and other analytics data using tools such as Google Analytics to track ongoing performance; evaluate new tools as needed.
• Ensure the website uses best practices for search engine optimization (SEO). Report on performance and advise on growth strategies.
• Understand and train users on administrative aspects of our custom CMS and other web and digital marketing tools as appropriate.
• Assist school staff in troubleshooting website issues.
Digital Marketing Responsibilities
• Develop and implement digital marketing strategies in alignment with marketing and institutional goals.
• Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns across various platforms (e.g., social media, email, search engines, display advertising)
• Identify, implement, and effectively manage MarTech stack as needed or implemented.
• Manager SERP and other aspects of the institution’s online presence.
• Analyze data to measure campaign effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements.
• Allocate and implement digital marketing budgets and resources.
• Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) such as website traffic, conversion rates, and ROI.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to execute marketing initiatives.
• Maintain a strong brand voice and identity across marketing channels.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of client-facing or in-house website and content management and/or digital marketing experience.
• Ability to synthesize input from multiple individuals and teams to create a unified, seamless online user experience.
• Demonstrated experience analyzing data and implementing results.
• Demonstrated experience and interest in mentoring, coaching, and providing support and feedback to colleagues.
• Experience working and communicating with diverse collaborators; customer service minded with interpersonal skills and experience working in and maintaining confidentiality; strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to flex communication styles.
• Strong capacity to prioritize work and to synthesize information and balance interests in a decisive and timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations, exercise good judgment based on information and analysis in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
• Understanding of web analytics, SEO, and related tools; experience applying analytics to improve the performance of online properties.
• Experience working within and extending an existing set of brand guidelines and standards.
A portfolio of past work that reflects the above.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
GREENVILLE UNIVERSITY: The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
Greenville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal laws. In keeping with the mission of the institution, Greenville University seeks applicants with a strong commitment to the values and lifestyle of evangelical Christianity and who profess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. As a Christian institution, we require faculty and staff to adhere to the University's Lifestyle statement and to enforce a religiously based code of conduct for all University employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Greenville University, as an educational institution affiliated with the Free Methodist Church USA, reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended).
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution. The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church.